C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Saturday, April 10, 2004

I've been listening to David Tao recently. His background is Shanghainese (parentt), born in Hong Kong, raised in Taiwan in an American school and went to UCI and UCLA (he's got education!). I say he's a musician, and not just your typical HK/Taiwan singer of pop songs. He sings various styles with an amazing voice and a great band, plays guitar and piano AND writes his own music and most lyrics; Perfectly fluent Mandarin and English and some Cantonese. Wow, that's cool (and attractive) eh?...And he's cute. Sounds almost like my ideal man (Ha! J/K or am I?!)!
All this, I find, is rare in the Chinese (entertainment) circle...

I love his music/songs - been listening to them for the past week and a half after I swapped my Jay Chou CD with another girl in res for her David Tao CD ('Live in HK Concert'). And then shortly after that, a friend bought me the DVD version of the concert recording since I was so crazy about this :) I watched it on the DVD player/screen of the Honda Pilot that I borrowed from my dad this past week (with the car stationary). And I just watched it again here at home on the big screen TV and surround sound - wah! I will buy the CD - (they were sold out of the CDs at Pac Mall Music HQ this past week). And if he comes to TO for a concert, I'm going. Hmmm...if he had a concert somewhere else (e.g. HK again, or Taiwan, or BC or LA or sth), mb I'd fly to go see him.

I think it's great when someone can speak/understand more than one language. And for me, it's so good when they can speak English + Chinese (whether it's Cantonese or Mandarin or both, it doesn't matter cuz I can understand both). Somehow I feel it can bring more comfort and depth into some conversations especially when there are sayings that really just can't be translated into English to do it justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home