C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Thursday, March 18, 2004

HOME
Yup, I'm home for the week. Finally, I cleared my schedule for the week and came home to rest more. I like my bed here at home. It's been cool to just chill at home, and catch up with my sis and bro, and parents. The only song I have in my head these days is the song we're singing in the choir for this Sunday. It's good in a way, as practice I guess, but it's getting quite annoying for me, cuz really, that's all I hear in my head :P
I hung out with Kelly yesterday, at her place in Burlington - but she's moving this weekend to TO. We got pizza and rented 'Mona Lisa Smile'. It was a girly night. That movie was such a 'girl movie'. We loved it. I liked the movie - and I liked Julia Roberts character and how she played/acted it. This movie challenged the role of women, back in the 1950's, but I think it in turn challenges women's roles in the new millenium. We have gone almost from one extreme to another. From women who aspire to be married housewives/homemakers only, to totally independent career women who would never think of just being a housewife. It's a different society these days. I'm sure each extreme exists in women/men today and there are in-betweens, but it's just interesting to see. And is there a different value system in the more secular world versus a Christian view, or not really? There's value and respect whichever way people choose and how things work out.
Where do you fall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home