C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Sick days.
For the first time in my almost 10 months in clinic so far, I've taken 'sick days' off. I rarely do that. Yesterday, I signed out of clinic early and transferred my evening patient over. Going to work in the morning was very difficult to tough it out, so by the afternoon, I couldn't do it anymore. My headache took over, and my body was fatigued. I rested. I don't feel like I have a cold or flu. I'm just drained. Drained in every aspect of my life. Mental, emotional, spiritual and physical. Being drained of the first three have made it harder on the latter, physical. I guess you could say my whole being is 'sick'.

This morning I called in sick to the clinic. Not cuz I'm fluish/coldish, although I'm so drained that I can feel myself fighting off stuff in waves. I can't focus. Talking to people is all over the place too. Drained and scattered, am I.
On Tuesday night, I went to bed at 10:30pm (that never happens with me). Yesterday evening, a good friend kept me company in my resting and we watched a Chinese movie (vcd) called 'Rouge', and then after that, I got ready to go to bed around 10pm. I slept at 11pm. I'm still not altogether, so going to clinic wasn't going to happen. I need this day to take care of myself to renew and refocus (although one day can hardly do that at this point).

Reflection: God has been so good to me, and yet, I have not been so 'good' or faithful. So many blessings around me and yet I am blind to them or turn my head away and don't appreciate them. Why are we so? Why am I so?
Time to go back to my room and rest/sleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home