C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Another weekend has passed, and we're into another week.
A quick update on that dessert I made - it was tapioca with taro, sweet potato & coconut milk and tang yuen balls - it took me 1.5 hours to cook it, and I ended up making ALOT cuz I threw in the whole pack of tapioca. It turned out well and tasted yummy :) I gave a huge bunch to my dad last night to bring home for my sister/brother and mom/dad to have some, so I hope they liked it. The rest, I finished in res last night with some other friends.

On Saturday, I went to the Canoe Restaurant with some friends as part of the Winterlicious Festival - The Canoe is at the 54th Floor (Top) of the TD Bank Tower downtown. Normally, it is only open Mon-Fri for corporate clients, and it super pricy - but as part of the festival, they opened it up for the weekend, and set their menu at $30 for a full dinner (appetizer, entree and dessert) which is an amazing price. I got the Salmon appetizer (YUM!), the Capon entree (Capon is a male-castrated chicken) and the chocolate brownie/almond ice cream dessert (super YUM!). On top of this, the view was awesome, being there from 6pm onwards and seeing the last of the sunset and the orange-purple-green-blue-dark sky over the city of Toronto. It was as beautiful as the time I was at the 360 Restaurant atop the CN Tower a few ago (without the revolving that made me kinda dizzy).

Good food, good company, good atmosphere, good view, good price - what more could you ask for?

Also, the No Frills $1 event is back. I went on Sunday to the Kennedy/Steeles location - it was packed with people lining up outside the doors - I didn't even know it was the event and thought it was absolutely crazy that people were lining up, but once I noticed that it was the $1 event, I got into line (in the cold), went in and bought a whole bunch of stuff for $1 (spending no more than $25). The sale goes til Feb 22 (I think), so once my groceries run down again, I'll head back there for more ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home