SNOW DAY
Yesterday (Tuesday Jan 27/04), Toronto and the surrounding area was piled on with snow. Quite a lot of snow. The clinic and school was open in the morning. I called the clinic at 12 noon to see if it was still open to see if I needed to be clinic for the afternoon/evening. I was scheduled as a 'duty intern' in the IHL (in-house lab) aka the "Pee Lab" so obviously, I wanted the clinic to be open...NOT....! I was sooo hoping for a snow day, but it was open. But at 2pm, as I'm about to start my shift...low and behold, the whole campus is closing down!!! I get out of my shift and this becomes Charlene Chan's day off!! (It was not quite like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" where he skips school and does all this cool stuff, but I felt that excitement of having a day off, away from the Pee Lab!). I couldn't stop smiling, I was soooo happy and excited for this day!
Went outside and played in the snow, made some snow angels and played 'snow-frisbee'...then warmed up with some ginger tea, and then watched part II of "Chinese Ghost Story" (I watched part I the night before until 3am - didn't start the movie until 1am, hence the desire for the snow day as well...eheheh!). After the movie, went to Swiss Chalet for dinner and then hung out with frenz til bedtime.
All in all, a very fun day...away from clinic and away from work :)
Yesterday (Tuesday Jan 27/04), Toronto and the surrounding area was piled on with snow. Quite a lot of snow. The clinic and school was open in the morning. I called the clinic at 12 noon to see if it was still open to see if I needed to be clinic for the afternoon/evening. I was scheduled as a 'duty intern' in the IHL (in-house lab) aka the "Pee Lab" so obviously, I wanted the clinic to be open...NOT....! I was sooo hoping for a snow day, but it was open. But at 2pm, as I'm about to start my shift...low and behold, the whole campus is closing down!!! I get out of my shift and this becomes Charlene Chan's day off!! (It was not quite like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" where he skips school and does all this cool stuff, but I felt that excitement of having a day off, away from the Pee Lab!). I couldn't stop smiling, I was soooo happy and excited for this day!
Went outside and played in the snow, made some snow angels and played 'snow-frisbee'...then warmed up with some ginger tea, and then watched part II of "Chinese Ghost Story" (I watched part I the night before until 3am - didn't start the movie until 1am, hence the desire for the snow day as well...eheheh!). After the movie, went to Swiss Chalet for dinner and then hung out with frenz til bedtime.
All in all, a very fun day...away from clinic and away from work :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home