C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Wednesday and Thursday Chinese New Year's Eve to Chinese New Year.

Big dinners each night. Mom cooked on Wednesday (I went home), I cooked on Thursday (in Toronto) a lot of food for friends (and others also cooked and joined in). I surprised myself how (well) I cooked on Thursday...especially the vegetables with Chinese mushrooms and fat choy ("black hair vegetables"). We also had Nian Gao. Mmmmm...well, I only got 1 small piece of 1/2 the cake that I fried up cuz everyone else there (in res) tried a piece. It was a fun 2 nights.

Friday all day I worked from (left at 8:15am) 9am to 7:30pm downtown (got back at 8:15pm) which made my day a LONG 12-hour day. This WIPED ME OUT....WIPE OUT I tell ya. I got back from work and just CRASHED on the couch ate a bit of dinner, read some of Genesis and John, then went to bed early.

Much better today after sleeping and resting a bit. But still had to wake up for clinic at 9am and see patients. I'm signed out now, so finally, my weekend begins :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home