Lemme explain the "Ahhh's!" from last week a bit:
Wow...last week was one of the tougher weeks I went through in a while. Conflicts with people is not something I like and try to avoid- and that's what I had in my face. I like peace, but this past year seems to have been that way: OAND, NSA, profs, peers, friends etc. And then it becomes more of an inner thing, with a lot of reflections on that. Last week was like the final straw that had to be pulled from what had accumulated from everything this past year. I can't really explain it all in words, but it wasn't great. And on top of that was 2 practical exams, and interviews for external satellite clinics for the summer, which btw I did not get :( ...disappointed, but okay.
Some of it continues this week, but good thing there's Christ who is with me and reminds me of His love and grace and mercy and comfort. By the end of last week, I was just so tired of everything, and on Thursday night, I didn't think I was in an appropriate state to be part of the praise/worship singing team for the Coffee House EM on Friday (for Genesis fellowship). I was going to call up the leader and say that I couldn't do it :( But God helped me, and with His grace, I was ok, so by Friday evening I was able to help and be part of the singing team, and it went well, thank God!! :)
A thought that a friend shared with me last week: In difficult situations, Christ is there...He doesn't say that He'll take away these things and problems and make things all better that way, but rather, in the midst of the difficulty, God says, come to me, and I'll will be with you, I will take care of you, listen to you and understand - I will give you comfort and rest when you are worried or wearied or frustrated or angry, I will give you peace that normally people would not have because it would make sense for you to not have it in these situations (this is what it means when His peace transcends all understanding) - and the Lord says, I am here.
Wow...last week was one of the tougher weeks I went through in a while. Conflicts with people is not something I like and try to avoid- and that's what I had in my face. I like peace, but this past year seems to have been that way: OAND, NSA, profs, peers, friends etc. And then it becomes more of an inner thing, with a lot of reflections on that. Last week was like the final straw that had to be pulled from what had accumulated from everything this past year. I can't really explain it all in words, but it wasn't great. And on top of that was 2 practical exams, and interviews for external satellite clinics for the summer, which btw I did not get :( ...disappointed, but okay.
Some of it continues this week, but good thing there's Christ who is with me and reminds me of His love and grace and mercy and comfort. By the end of last week, I was just so tired of everything, and on Thursday night, I didn't think I was in an appropriate state to be part of the praise/worship singing team for the Coffee House EM on Friday (for Genesis fellowship). I was going to call up the leader and say that I couldn't do it :( But God helped me, and with His grace, I was ok, so by Friday evening I was able to help and be part of the singing team, and it went well, thank God!! :)
A thought that a friend shared with me last week: In difficult situations, Christ is there...He doesn't say that He'll take away these things and problems and make things all better that way, but rather, in the midst of the difficulty, God says, come to me, and I'll will be with you, I will take care of you, listen to you and understand - I will give you comfort and rest when you are worried or wearied or frustrated or angry, I will give you peace that normally people would not have because it would make sense for you to not have it in these situations (this is what it means when His peace transcends all understanding) - and the Lord says, I am here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home