what a weekend.
I just got back from the NSA handover retreat...conference style retreat to pass on the torch to the next year's NSA exec. We went to a nice place (Isaiah Tubbs Conference/Inn) about 2.5/3 hrs away from TO. Lots of work and meetings but also a very nice place, good food, good fun, good people. It was nice with beautiful sandbanks/sand dunes just across the lake about a 5 min drive away. A very nice view in the sunset.
Just before this retreat, on Saturday night, the NSA went out to our year-end dinner to celebrate this past year and working together and we went for Japanese Teppanyaki at Airport Rd at the Marriott Hotel - very nice place, and the food and atmosphere was great!! Man...their Filet Mignon (beef) and seafood was soooooo goood...The deep fried ice cream was awesome too!! I'd never had deep fried ice cream before, and thought it would be really weird and not taste good, but lemme tell ya...it was great! YUM!!
And that night, we found out the NSA pres had just got engaged the past week...congratulations Nicole!!! And also, the night before, my small group was privy to news that D & H are now engaged too!! Congrats!! I could totally see it coming, but just didn't know when it would be...! So what is that now? 7 friends getting married within the next year...whoa...! that's a lot...but I think I'm just going to 2 so far :)
I just got back from the NSA handover retreat...conference style retreat to pass on the torch to the next year's NSA exec. We went to a nice place (Isaiah Tubbs Conference/Inn) about 2.5/3 hrs away from TO. Lots of work and meetings but also a very nice place, good food, good fun, good people. It was nice with beautiful sandbanks/sand dunes just across the lake about a 5 min drive away. A very nice view in the sunset.
Just before this retreat, on Saturday night, the NSA went out to our year-end dinner to celebrate this past year and working together and we went for Japanese Teppanyaki at Airport Rd at the Marriott Hotel - very nice place, and the food and atmosphere was great!! Man...their Filet Mignon (beef) and seafood was soooooo goood...The deep fried ice cream was awesome too!! I'd never had deep fried ice cream before, and thought it would be really weird and not taste good, but lemme tell ya...it was great! YUM!!
And that night, we found out the NSA pres had just got engaged the past week...congratulations Nicole!!! And also, the night before, my small group was privy to news that D & H are now engaged too!! Congrats!! I could totally see it coming, but just didn't know when it would be...! So what is that now? 7 friends getting married within the next year...whoa...! that's a lot...but I think I'm just going to 2 so far :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home