C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Friday, January 17, 2003

Dressed in a t-shirt and hooded-sweatshirt, with my warm blue wooly long coat with a hood, a long scarf around my head/neck, a winter hat and gloves, and I am FREEZING as I take the walk just up the street on Sheppard to the postal outlet for my OSAP forms...I make it there just in time, 5 min before closing (5pm) ~whew~. Brrrrr....I enter into the freezing cold again, wrapped up as warm as possible, this time walking back with someone part-way from my school who was also there for OSAP stuff. The time/walk seemed to go faster (well, it was also a downhill walk this time), and wasn't as freezing cold this time. As I'm walking I notice the pale round moon sitting in the sky painted with shades of blue, purple and orange blended into a masterpiece of a picture. The only thing obstructing my view was the constant fog that would get on my glasses (condensation) from my breath into that cold air. Having my scarf wrapped around my face and mouth didn't help the fog situation.

I guess only 'glasses-wearers' will know what I'm talking about: Fog on the glasses when you're in the cold with a scarf around your face, when you ski, when you drink hot drinks (hot chocolate, coffee, apple cider etc), drink soup, in the winter walking from outside to inside and in the summer when you go from indoors to outdoors (did I get that right?). It's funny sometimes, like when other people are there and see it and laugh (with you or at you?), but sometimes it's annoying...especially when I'm going downhill skiing and I can't see where I'm going - not a good thing. Sitting and eating with fogged glasses isn't such a hazard. When will it ever end? I guess that's what contacts are good for besides looking like you're part of the population that doesn't wear glasses.
Anyhow, aside from all this I'm still thankful to own and wear glasses so that I can see things clearly on a daily basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home