Action Step.
So after years of hearing about poverty and watching it on TV (i.e. World Vision), I couldn't sit back and not do anything about it anymore. We have so much here in North America. So abundantly blessed with material things, it's insane when you think about it and compare what we have with others in the world, yet we still want to have more.
Seeing children on TV with practically nothing, and no food to eat just kills me. Since early highschool I've always been touched to tears when watching the children in TV suffering because of poverty. And at many points in my life, I've always wanted to do something, to help and love them. But I didn't. "I have to finish school, start working and making some money first"..."I'll wait until I have a family and then support a child then"...who knows how long that'll be.
I couldn't wait anymore. I decided I would sponsor a child. It's $33/mo which works out to >$350/yr. The total/yr sounds like a lot, but $33/mo really is not much at all. I'm not really making that much money right now, I'm in student loan debt, I have to pay for board exam and licensing fees (which are WAY TOO MUCH) and need money to start up a practice in the Fall. But I still spend money on clothing, shoes, eating out and travelling etc all the time. But I believe this money will go to greater cause and that that is truly worth it. And God will provide because He is good.
I can't wait to get her picture and information and start writing to her (3 yo girl from West Africa)...it's so exciting!
The Holy Bible says, "Dear children, let us not love in word and tongue, but show our love in action"...
So after years of hearing about poverty and watching it on TV (i.e. World Vision), I couldn't sit back and not do anything about it anymore. We have so much here in North America. So abundantly blessed with material things, it's insane when you think about it and compare what we have with others in the world, yet we still want to have more.
Seeing children on TV with practically nothing, and no food to eat just kills me. Since early highschool I've always been touched to tears when watching the children in TV suffering because of poverty. And at many points in my life, I've always wanted to do something, to help and love them. But I didn't. "I have to finish school, start working and making some money first"..."I'll wait until I have a family and then support a child then"...who knows how long that'll be.
I couldn't wait anymore. I decided I would sponsor a child. It's $33/mo which works out to >$350/yr. The total/yr sounds like a lot, but $33/mo really is not much at all. I'm not really making that much money right now, I'm in student loan debt, I have to pay for board exam and licensing fees (which are WAY TOO MUCH) and need money to start up a practice in the Fall. But I still spend money on clothing, shoes, eating out and travelling etc all the time. But I believe this money will go to greater cause and that that is truly worth it. And God will provide because He is good.
I can't wait to get her picture and information and start writing to her (3 yo girl from West Africa)...it's so exciting!
The Holy Bible says, "Dear children, let us not love in word and tongue, but show our love in action"...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home