C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine

Dr. Charlene
Dr. Chan (um...that's my dad, not me...oh yah, that's me too!! eheh)
Dr. Charlene Sih Lian Chan
Dr. Char
Dr. C
Dr. CC or C2 (C-squared)
Dr. CSLC
Dr. Sih Lian

Last week, my dad referred someone to speak with me to either see me (but I can't yet since I'm not licensed to practice yet) or refer them to another ND or the school clinic. The man kept addressing me as Dr. Chan (and this was before convocation as well) and I was confused...huh? who's Dr. Chan...are you speaking to the wrong person? My dad is Dr. Chan...not me...and then I realized he was addressing me. It's kind of a strange feeling to be addressed differently than I'm used to. But it's quite cool :) I'll get used to it.

Last week at grad, we also got our class rings. They're beautiful - silver - it's a gift to us (so we didn't have to pay for them) and they're engraved with Vis Medicatrix Naturae on the outside and CCNM 2004 on the inside. Very nice, very shiny, very cool. My boss at work today commented that it looked like a wedding ring (since it is a thicker band) and even though I don't put it on my left ring finger, it still looks like it and she was joking around that I took last week off to get married. Other classmates/colleagues have said the same and put it on their ring finger (most guys have it on the right ring finger) and say, "well, I'm married to this profession". Ha! :)

Charlene Chan, ND

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home