C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Happy Mother's Day!

We went out for Viet/Thai food out in Mississauga for Mother's day. It was nice to go out to dinner with all of us. I think it's been a little while since all 6 of us have gone out to eat. We ordered a lot of my favourite dishes too...yumm!!! For my mom's gift, I'm chipping in with my sis for the precious moments figurine to add to my mom's overflowing collection of figurines and all...and we're also getting her a decoration plate (she likes those too), but that's not coming til tomorrow. I find it hard to get gifts for my parents, who really don't need anything, and could afford whatever they really want/need, so it comes down to 'it's the thought that counts', but really, it's not that easy.

Well, I'm home again. I'm home for the week before starting clinic (4th yr) right after the Victoria day long weekend. What will I do this week? mostly, I don't know. nice eh? just chillin and relaxin. It's funny, cuz everytime I'm home, I have this impulse to trim my hair...trim the sides, and trim some bangs. Pretty much everytime. I just did that today in the afternoon after a jog with my sister.
I also watched a bunch of final endings of Chinese soaps that my mom recorded for me since I was away. Still have a few to go, and I'll also be watching them on the Fairchild channel throughout the week. This'll be a week for me to boost my Chinese speaking and listening a bit before going back to TO next week. I realized yesterday at the Chinese Medical Terminology Course (CMTC) when we learning about diseases and symptoms in Chinese, that my Chinese really isn't that good and has quite dwindled, especially since 2 summers ago when I was in China/Hong Kong (that's when it improves exponentially). I'm gonna have to start enlisting friends to speak with me in Chinese from now on or something.

Oh, and after the CMTC course, they gave us free lunch (take-out from a Chinese restaurant)...it was ok, but hey, it was free...nice! And then after that, we went for some Gelatti ice cream (down at Bayview and somewhere more south) at Gelatto's. mmmmm....yummy ice cream! For a regular cup ($3.50), you get to choose 3 scoops. I got raspberry, mango and cookies'n cream. My friend got raspberry, tiramisu and mint choco chip, so I got to sample 5 different flavours. Yummy, especially the raspberry, and the mango. I hope I can make several trips for ice cream there (and other places; Lick's, DQ, Baskin Robbins, etc) this summer. Then I went back to res to pack up and come home.

I can't wait to do outdoor stuff this summer too. Rollerblade, swim (where?), bike (if I get a bike), play basketball, tennis, walk/jog/run, go camping (maybe, hopefully), have BBQs, and just have fun in the sun!!! -with sunscreen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home